Wednesday 9 June 2021

 First trip to the Flying Field in 2021.


Lovely weather yesterday Tuesday the 8th ,so it was great to get out and do a bit of flying. Broken Wing also attended as did Pete and Trev . The latter pair were observers only but were available for advice and humour which was readily given when needed. Slip has obviously done an excellent job with the field, the grass looked superb. My planes the Trainer and the Flair Cub were bought for very cheap prices (Cub £14) and both needed a fair degree of refurbishment. The Trainer had flown once before but suffered a detached aileron on landing and the ancient Cub was due a Maiden flight. Broken Wings planes flew well but the switch on the blue biplane (Name?) failed fortunately before it took to the air. With Broken Wings assistance all my planes flew OK but the Cub which flew the best in the moderate wind,  suffered 3 'Dead Sticks' the last Upwind and the subsequent heavy landing caused minor damage which I have partially repaired this morning. 











2 comments:

slipperywhenwet said...

Looks like you had the best day this year Mike. I hear that you and Pete might of set a personal best for how long you were there.
Always going to be issues with models after a long rest up, even when you have gone all over them at home, it must be the grass at the field to blame.

mike etheridge said...

Yes Slip, I was in trouble when I got home , I had to finish cooking my meal that would have been ready at 6.00 clock. Had problems with my barrier key which Broken Wing may have mentioned ?. I missed your presence Slip, I gather you were diverted on to a gas regulations course or similar?. I have mended the minor damage to the Cub , and have got some of my enthusiasm back, just need a bit more practice and hence confidence.