Tuesday 14 October 2014

No Computer Graphics Here...

As our flying field is out of action perhaps this light hearted  look at historic aviation will show how we got to the stage of flight we are at now. Remember this is a very old film and there are no "computer graphics or green screens". All the props in the film were made... I am pleased this film has been saved for posterity as so many have been lost.
It's a long film but it's interesting so get a cup of tea and just enjoy it - or go to sleep...   

5 comments:

Broken Wing said...

PLEASE NOTE.
As far as I am aware - no-one died in the making of this film...

mike etheridge said...


Very entertaining Pete and of course Alexander Korda produced some great films in the past including the first coloured films I think? Do you remember 'The Thief of Bagdad 'with Sabu ?

As for the church's approach to aeronautics, what a shame it was considered heresy and that poor Monk had all his books confiscated and was given 10 years solitary confinement for investigating flight !

Broken Wing said...

Sorry Mike Can't remember the old films - I think I am too young!!!
As for the church - all I will say is that if we could remove all religion NOW think how much better this world would be for everyone on the planet...

mike etheridge said...


Try this then Pete !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMiF67ggUOM

Broken Wing said...

OK Mike - Have now seen the trailer and "perhaps" I am that old...
I remember watching the film with my young son at the time many years ago and enjoying it as much as he did....
A very good director and strange that he should have done the film I posted here as its so far from The thief of Bagdad...