Friday 27 December 2013

Dave flying his tri-copter Boxing Day


This is Dave testing his tri-copter. After this flight all was well so I was privileged to be the one to put on the FPV goggles while Dave flew the drone. I have to say its a weird experience because when the camera on the drone leans over it makes you feel like your leaning over - but your not - however you do tend to lean your body... Quite disorientating I have to say but a fantastic experience. I can see why FPV is a growing field and I bet when Dave was flying the tri-copter he was dying for the time he could fly it and have the goggles on at the same time...

4 comments:

Dave Redwood said...

Looks like its flying really nice Dave.
You got me hooked when you let me have a go at the field - Been scouring videos on YouTube and now I'm in the process of building one myself. Little bit of wiring left to do and tidy up, dial in the numbers on the board then it should be ready for a test flight. Just need a day without hooligan winds or monsoon rains.
Will have to compare settings next time I see you.
Mark didn't want to feel left out either, he has started making a scratch built carbon fibre quad.

slipperywhenwet said...

Hi Dave, I think theres quite a few gonna be around in 2014.
Mig is the man for settings and everything FPV.
Mark using carbon fibre ? I would of expected him to knock one up in Formica, has he got the plane out of the van yet?

speedy brit said...

Looks gr8 flies gr8 good 2 see all the interest in multicopters :) I have just finished my second tri no fpv as yet but hay shouldn't run b4 I can walk or should that be fly ;) look forward to seeing all the new multicopters in 2014 :)
Have fun Paul :)

mike etheridge said...


Great but mind those power lines!