Sunday 14 August 2011

Duxford 14-08-2011

I have attached a video of my trip to Duxford yesterday. I took over 250 photos so the video shows just a selection of pictures from one of five hangers. I can thoroughly recommend a visit to Duxford. Anyone with youngsters may be interested to know they are focusing on entertaining children,and include showing them how to construct and paint Airfix models.

During the day there was quite a lot of aircraft movement including the B17 'Sally B', a Spitfire MK5 and a Hurricane

We had insufficient time to see everything, however we finished the day off with a short flight in a 1930's De-Havilland Dragon Rapide .


Another grand day out!

MJE

4 comments:

slipperywhenwet said...

Looks like a grand day out Mike,
how much did they all cost ? to the nearest penny.

Thanks

mike etheridge said...

OAP rates applied to most of it.

Entrance: £13

Flight:£32

Some food and drink:£8.00

Something has gone wrong with the video---I will re-load it

Broken Wing said...

Hi Mike - where are the pictures of the De-Havilland Dragon Rapide and also the aerial shots?

mike etheridge said...

Pete,

I forgot to mention the other day that I made the arrangement with Dave Saich to visit Duxford last year--he sends his regards.

There are plenty of other photos to add to our website including the DH Dragon Rapide, the first plane I ever flew in some 30 odd years ago also with Dave and nephew Nigel.

Did you notice on the video the RC plane that was used by the army?---another interesting machine at the museum is a German glider that was towed by U-boats to sight potential targets!

I am not sure why the video corrupted, I used a better image quality setting on the camera and certainly the Photostory video operates OK on the computer.

Shame I missed the flying on Sunday (again) but the Duxford trip left me knackered anyway.

MJE