Wednesday 18 May 2011

Space Shuttle Endeavour - Last Flight.

As some of you may know I have been to see the shuttle launch (STS 134).
It has been the most indescribable experience for both me and my son.
This is the last launch for the shuttle "Endeavour" and when it returns from this mission to the International Space Station it will be retired.
There will be just one other shuttle mission left (STS 135) and that is not expected to be a public event so I have been very lucky indeed - thanks to my son Martin who gave this to me as my birthday present...
I hope the video Martin made will give you some idea of the power of this event however I must say nothing can express the force of the sound we felt because the camera audio system cuts back because its so loud...




2 comments:

slipperywhenwet said...

The sound on my speakers came through brilliant,

SimonizeP said...

Congratulations Peter! Something else to cross off your bucket list. Must say it's still on mine to see a Nasa rocket launch.