Monday 25 April 2011

RC Paraglider - Part 4

Got my chance to go to the cliffs today with the paraglider and after a lot of messing about I got the paraglider to fly - the guys from the Detling club were out in force on the higher part of the cliffs. My flight lasted about 2 minutes (at most) and it was hard work indeed. The best part was that I kept it right in front of me for some time and the control inputs were responsive but my lack of concentration got the paraglider blown back over the edge and the pilot took a tumble and broke his servo arm (poor sod).
Paul from the Detling lads had seen the flight and came over and offered to do the video but with a broken arm there was not going to be any control - O' well try again and see if I can break his other arm - with Paul doing the video... Watch out for part 5.

2 comments:

slipperywhenwet said...

It looked good. Work on those turns,,,

slipperywhenwet said...

I have got a spare neck strap if you would like it, save you diving to the ground. Someone got stuck on the cliff once, just walking !